Monday, October 22, 2012

No Crow For Me

I was right to feel positive after I wrote the first term test, as I did quite well. When I told my parents how well I did they wondered if I had chosen the correct subject for my degree. Hopefully I can continue to do well, but the material is getting harder.

I haven't looked at the tutorial material for this week yet, but in lecture we looked at algorithms, and continued to work on our clock. I found the algorithm material a bit harder than previous material because it is such a broad topic. Since you can have an algorithm for almost anything (but not everything) I found that learning generally about them was difficult. The information wasn't concrete and saying that something was used to "solve a problem" was too broad for me to grasp. But once I inserted a problem on my own, like the paper-folding problem this made the material much easier to understand. I also found the example of the unsolvable algorithm quite interesting. I always find it interesting that bugs of that sort exist in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment